A few years ago I had reached a point where I was deeply unhappy where I was going in life. We all know that we are not here for long and I decided once and for all to figure out exactly what I wanted to do with the rest of my life.
I started a 12-module creativity programme to explore my past experiences, what was important to me and what I wanted to do. For one of the first times in my life I carried out every suggestion or prompt in the course, missing out nothing.
I mention this because I’m like a lot of other people who buy books, CDs and course material but never complete them. One of the largest sellers of business information says a high percentage of people never even open the books they buy, listen to the CDs or try out the course materials. A much higher number never finish any of the material they’ve bought.
But this time it was different. I knew I had to find out what I wanted and make changes in my life. Slowly, as I peeled back the layers of the onion I discovered my core self and values.
The real hard work paid off. I say hard work but some of it was exhilarating as I explored areas and did fun things I had not previously allowed myself to do. One morning while working on one of the creativity exercises my purpose seemed to flow out onto the paper. I realised that my purpose was to help others on how they could take their ideas and turn them into products and services or assist them in any other way to unlock the potential of their ideas.
Out of this creative explosion came the idea for a book on breakthrough ideas and to start a website for people who have the courage to create and use their creativity, talent and gifts to live life with the excitement of possibility.
Have you discovered your life’s purpose? Does it include plans for coming up with a new product or service that can bring value to others or solve their biggest problems?
Have you reached the point where you have a compelling need, want or desire to realise what you believe you were meant to do?
If you want to take your ideas and transform them into useful products and services that serve other people and solve their problems, you may want to have a look at discovering if your idea will work.
When you click on the link below you’ll find out:
- How to generate new business ideas, develop and market test them and do the business planning for implementation (using step-by-step practical methods and simple business planning tools).
- Simple questions you must ask yourself before you spend one cent on developing your new business idea (a quick and easy review that will take you no longer than 20 minutes).
- How to avoid the most common and costly mistakes when starting a business based on your idea.
- Why you need to know very little about the idea generation process and how this knowledge will actually work in your favour.
- The secrets that sharp entrepreneurs use to test their new products and services without any order book.
- On-line guidance that helps you pull your own strings but removes the risk of doing it on your own (if your product or service sells, you keep going but if it doesn’t you cut your losses quickly and try something else).
If you feel deep down that you’re ready to start creating the work you’d love to do, then go here to discover if your idea will work.