Business writing is one of the top three skills that hiring managers look for. Poor writing skills on the job can hurt relationships among bosses and colleagues, lose valuable customers, result in costly errors and damage your reputation and that of your company.
Don’t wait until you’re shown the door before you do something about your business writing skills. Do this online training and you’ll be pleasantly surprised by the results.
The “Better Business Writing Course”, designed with years of business writing experience, covers 10 modules including the writing process, audience research, beginnings, getting and holding your reader’s attention, organising your thoughts, the 5 C’s of effective business writing, writing with power, style and tone to suit different situations, the main forms of business writing (including emails and social messaging) and special forms of messaging.
“Better Business Writing Skills’ gives you techniques that anyone can quickly absorb and that helps you achieve your objectives and that of the company you work for.
- How to get people to read your emails.
- How to write business letters and reports that your boss and customers will appreciate.
- How to use the appropriate style and tone that prevents you from writing things that make people angry or turn them away.
- How to write in a more open world where your choice of words or phrasing may offend and belittle others.
- How to communicate your thoughts and ideas in a powerful way
Course trainer Chesney Bradshaw, BA, MBA, has more than 30 years experience in business writing for publishers and companies. He has taught business writing to tertiary students and done in-house training.
What Will You Learn?
- Improve your business writing skills in two days with plenty of practical, easy-to-do and fun exercises you can use straight away.
- Understand what your readers want and how to give it to them.
- Avoid common faults in business writing to prevent risking personal reputation and career.
- Getting and holding your reader’s attention so your business message stands out, gets read and acted on.
- The 5 C’s of good business writing essential in business today rich with diversity.
Better Business Writing Course
Lesson one: The Writing Process
Lesson two: Outlining a progress report
Lesson three: Write an opening sentence
Lesson four: Closing – finish strong
Lesson five: Style (and tone) to suit different situations
Lesson six: Writing with power – self-editing