A creative idea was needed to stop elephants damaging traffic-counting devices during a study in a nature reserve on roadkill. Motorists speeding in the nature park were monitored with the use of traffic-counting devices but the elephants discovered them and took a liking to the devices.
If you were faced with a similar challenge, what idea would you come up with to prevent the elephants damaging the traffic-counting equipment?
The answer was simply to apply a daily coating of chilli pepper and oil to the traffic-counting devices. The elephants soon lost interest and the study of park visitors killing amphibians, reptiles, birds and mammals could continue.
It’s unlikely that you or me might find such a challenge in our daily life and work but it underlines the point that people all the time use their creative imaginations to solve problems or let’s rather call them challenges, goals, objectives, opportunities, desires and wishes.
Believe it or not, the more you practice, the better you will become a generating ideas. In my book “Breakthrough Ideas” I show you many simple and practical ways to come up with new ideas. It’s based on real-world experience, research into creativity, proven methods and ideas that have succeeded. By the end of the first chapter, which will only take a few minutes to read, you will begin producing new ideas that could help you come up with a personal breakthrough.
Here are a few “golden rules” that may help you increase your creativity:
– Use simple techniques that are proven and which you enjoy
– Personal breakthroughs come when you are prepared – practice, practice, practice
– See your world through fresh eyes
– You become more creative by using creative tools more often
– Linking or connecting unrelated objects often leads to unexpected new combinations
– Letting ideas “cool” before evaluation leads you select the most promising one that you can develop further
– Developing viable ideas follows a definite process and framework that is easy to understand and apply
Do you want to learn to speed up your idea generation? I’m going to strongly recommend that you check out “Breakthrough Ideas”. Just invest a few hours in yourself and you’ll find solutions faster and come up with more viable ideas.